So it’s 10am here in Colorado and I’ve already had a fantastic day.
- Went to bed last night at 6pm (true story). Kids were playing in the streets, neighbors were mowing their yards, I was blacking out my windows. I’ve had a sore throat that feels like I’ve had heartburn but it’s not, for the past four or five days. Then came a slight cough. I decided to kick its ass because I have a bachelorette party this weekend and I’m NOT missing it. So I took drugs and went to sleep. (Note: I’m still sick)
- Since I’ve been pseudo sick my blood sugars have been raging so I’ve been bolus/basal raging as well draining my reservoir much sooner than anticipated. But I brought all my supplies to change out my pump this morning at work… except for insulin.
- Xcel (power company) decided to turn off my power this morning to cut down tree branches in the neighborhood getting too close. That’s fine and all but when I arrive at work late, with dripping hair, no makeup on and somewhat dirty after opening and closing my garage door manually… things could have gone a bit smoother.
- I forgot a brush to dry my hair with at work.
- A strap on my sandal broke, now making it an annoying flip flop version of itself.
- And I just realized that I forgot my entire diabetes kit at home including my meter and back up pen. But I have a new reservoir and infusion set!
Can it be 5pm yet?
And I realize this is more of a rant than diabetes post but some days, I need to vent.